The object of Baccarat is to obtain a hand with a point total closest to 9. Aces count as one; 2 through 9 as their face value; tens and picture cards count as zero. If the value of the hand is a two-digit number, ignore the first digit. The last digit is the Baccarat point value of the hand. For example: 7+6=13=3 and 4+6=10=0.
Place your wager on the Banker hand and/or on the Player hand and/or on a Tie. Player and Banker are then each dealt a two-card hand. In certain cases, a third card is dealt to Player or Banker, or both (see the "Third Card Rules" section). Cards are dealt from a shoe that holds 6 decks of cards. The decks are shuffled each round.
The hand closest to 9 wins. If you bet on the Player hand and the Player wins, you are paid according to the paytable. If you bet on the Banker hand and the Banker wins, bank commission of 5% (vigorish) is deducted from your winnings. If both the Player hand and the Banker hand have equal totals, the game result is a ‛tie’. Non-tie bets are returned to you (shown as a ‛Push’) if a tie occurs.
A side bet is a wager you can make beyond the regular game bets on Player, Banker or Tie. The following is a description of the available side bets:
- The Player Pair, Banker Pair side bets win according to the payout table if the first two cards dealt to the respective hand form any pair on that hand, for example a 5 of Spades and a 5 of Diamonds.
- The Either Pair side bet wins according to the payout table if the first two cards on either the Banker or the Player hand (or both) form any pair on that hand.
- The Perfect Pair side bet wins according to the payout table if the first two Player or Banker cards form a pair of the same suit, for example a pair of 7 of Diamonds.
- The Big side bet wins according to the payout table if the total number of cards dealt between Player and Banker is 5 or 6.
- The Small side bet wins according to the payout table if the total number of cards dealt between Player and Banker is 4.
The side bet is not associated with the regular game bets. You can wager a regular game bet on the Player position but a side bet on the Banker Pair, and vice versa.
- You can also place side bets without placing any regular bets.
Third Card Rules
The following Baccarat rule chart governs when Player and/or Banker will be automatically dealt (i.e. "draws") a third card in the Baccarat game:
|Point value of Player's first two cards: Action:
|0 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 Draws a card.
|6 – 7 Stands.
If Player stands, then Banker hits on a total of 5 or less. If Player does hit, then use the table below to determine if Banker hits or stands.
Point value of Banker's first two cards:
Draws when the point value of Player’s third card is:
Does not draw when the point value of Player’s third card is:
Important note: If either Player or Banker has a total of 8 or 9, they both stand. This rule overrides all other rules.